Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Today is Actually Thursday

On Friday, we have no class for Armistice Day, thus making the weekend a three-day, Thursday a Friday and by default, Wednesday a Thursday (when you're thinking about the end-of-the-week, you know). Today our group (Group 7!) only had two hours of class from 9-11 so Catalina, Fabrizio, Yoon and I ate lunch together and then hung out all afternoon sitting in the sun.

It's been cloudy and rainy here since last Wednesday without any real breaks for sunshine so when it was around 68 today and sunny everyone was excited and there was a palpable shift in the moods of the entire school. Not only did we have this great day to be thankful but we have a short week and... after all, we are in France.

Whenever I'm feeling down or things are difficult or I miss my home or friends, I just tell myself that this is an opportunity I will never have again in my life. I mean, I'm in France!! And the six weeks left for me to be here and experience everything I can are going to be some of the greatest weeks of my life, hands down. 

No comments: