Saturday, March 06, 2010

Subway Customers

As many of you know, I have been working at Subway since December. Since they started having me work weekends/nights, I have met some seriously great people. You know, the kind of people who stop and talk to you and ask questions about what you want to do with your life and where you want to go, what makes you happy and what your goals are. And then they talk about what they did in their lives and you can just feel the happiness and contentedness rolling off of them. They follow up by telling you to forget what everyone is telling you to do, what you're supposed to do, and just do what makes you happy. Because you don't want to be one of those people who wake up in thirty years "with a job you hate, next to someone you don't love, in a place you can't stand." There are too many of those people out there already.

So thank you somewhat anonymous Subway customers, who come in and encourage me to quit my job and get something better, to start living the life I want to live and who tend to tip me generously. More people need to be exposed to this kind of attitude and I am lucky enough to get it for free, while getting paid to listen.

No comments: