Monday, August 10, 2009

Orientation/New Place







Last week I went to orientation at Boston University and saw my new studio for the first time. Orientation was so much fun, much better than the one at Berkeley. There was less stupid ice breaker games going on and much more informative meetings and fun activities.. Like rock band and mug painting and a hilarious skit by our student advisors. Plus, there was lots of free stuff! Good free stuff too, like a bag and a shirt and a cup and silly putty. I made some friends and registered for classes. It looks like I'm attempting pre-med again, there's a lot more advising and other individual help at BU to guide me through the process and help me figure out if it's what I really want to do. I went to a pre-med advising session and it feels silly to give up biology when I like it so much.

Right now my plan for college is a double major in Political Science and Journalism (yes lots of thought and reasoning went into the switch from English to Journalism), a minor in French and pre-med curriculum. I'm also taking two ballet PE classes this semester. Our gym has a LAZY RIVER. You heard me. I want to become a stronger swimmer so I plan on visiting that and the pool pretty often.

After orientation, I went to the Connecticut shore for a week after orientation was over and it was wonderful! Sunny, salt water, swimming in the ocean, a COTTAGE. I even saw a jellyfish. I got some tan lines from my bathing suit that I have to get rid of though because I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and my bridesmaid dress is strapless... meaning if I want to live through the weekend I need to get rid of those tan lines.

We left Connecticut early to go back to Boston and see my studio and walk around a little. The studio has one large room, a hallway, a bathroom and a kitchen. It's absolutely gorgeous and has a gorgeous view and it's three or four buildings down from Fenway Park, which as you know, holds my new favorite baseball team, the Red Sox. I'm officially moving to Boston on August 22. My sister and her boyfriend are coming with me for a few days to help get me settled and bring over my stuff. All I can say is I am very, very excited.

1 comment:

Ciarra said...

looks fun! and your studio looks super cute! i'm jealous. awesome that its close to fenway and that you get the place to yourself. i want to come visit you. my birthday is the day after you move in so don't forget me lol. we'll have to sent each other fun mail across the country. aw i'm going to miss you! i hope Boston works out better than Berkeley did.