Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's: Courage

I heard that some people choose words to use as next year's theme instead of making resolutions, which I really really like. I think it's more optimistic than resolutions that end up making you feel bad.

So I am choosing a word to represent my next year, and that word is courage.

A lot has changed in my life and now it's time to make the decisions that will lead to a happy, healthy life. Not all of those decisions are going to be easy or clear but I know that if I have courage, I will be able to make the best of it. I don't want to end up in a bad place because I was too afraid to make the hard choices.

I'm learning to be more vocal with my needs and reactions, instead of holding them in and it's taken a lot to be able to be completely honest with myself about my own shortcomings.

This will be the first year I file taxes for myself, I'll be 23, I won't be starting a spring semester, a new baby will be born and I'll be flying with puppies across the country. I'm looking forward to the differences this year is going to bring even though I imagine it will be difficult. Purified through fire.

No comments: