Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bookmaking

Cal and I spent about three hours at the Craft Center at UMass making books. Yes, for anyone who doesn't know, I have a deep, deep passion for books, and pens, and paper, and office supplies. (hint hint, Christmas is coming up.) To give you an idea of how much I love notebooks, I have spent twenty minutes deciding between journals and didn't get either. Because they have to be perfect.

So we made books. We cut, folded and sewed our very own journals! Mine is only halfway done because of something special I want to do for the cover but his is finished with a hand-sewn leather cover.

Unfortunately, only current UMass students can use it, so after he's finished in December, I won't be able to go anymore. I'll have to limit my journal-making to about 150. Oh no!

 

No comments: