Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thoughts on Healthcare

When I hear all of these people complaining about the new healthcare law, I wonder two things:

  1. Have they never encountered someone who couldn't go to the doctor to get antibiotics because they couldn't afford healthcare?
  2. Do all of the church activists realize they're arguing against the tenets of their own religion to help the poor? I'm pretty sure this law helps people more than anything they've ever done personally.
Then I remember that no, they probably have never met someone who didn't have health insurance and also they choose to be in the dark about their own actions opposing their own religious beliefs (which are often stated to be the most important thing in their lives).

And then I get sad. And the rest of the developed world gets sad with me, as they see these ridiculously backwards things happening here.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yeah, that drives me nuts, too. I hate when environmentalism comes up and everyone wigs out. Um . . . aren't we supposed to be good stewards? Bah.