Monday, July 09, 2012

Homemade Pizza

This is another pizza I made all from scratch with Giada's yeast pizza dough. I honestly haven't decided if I like the dough recipe yet, I think after I defrost and use the last ball I'll try a different recipe (her batch makes three separate balls of dough). This particular one was inspired by a pizza my host family made for me at Pau, with fresh cut tomato slices, sauce, basil and olives. I added some spinach to add some extra color/vegetable.

I made the sauce myself by mixing about 1/2 small can of tomato paste with a water/vegetable broth combo until it was a good consistency for a sauce. I think it was about a 50/50 ratio. After rolling out the dough, I sprinkled the inverted cookie sheet I used with cornmeal, laid the dough on it and sprinkled it with salt and pepper, cornmeal and olive oil. Add desired toppings, put in pre-heated oven. I cooked it about 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and another 5-10 at 400 degrees, but I would suggest going with 425 for ten minutes instead.

Eat immediately or reheat in toaster oven the next day (I wouldn't leave leftovers much longer because the dough takes on a weird texture after that).



No comments: