This is in the 9x9 pan and ingredients are as follows:
- Half a box of pasta shells
- 3 eggs
- Gruyère cheese
- Ham slices
- Salt and pepper
- Bouillon cubes
- Cook shells until al dente- this is important, if you overcook them they'll be too mushy after you put them in the oven
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a bowl and add milk so the mixture is at a 60:40 milk:egg ratio (more milk than eggs!)
- Crush the bouillon cube into powder and then add to mixture, add salt and pepper to taste
- Grate and add gruyère to milk/egg mixture (as much as desired, I used about half a wedge), saving some for later
- Add drained shells to buttered pan, then add egg mixture and cut-up pieces of ham. Stir, then add reserved gruyère on top.
- Place into oven @350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Increase temperature to 425 and cook an additional 10 minutes to bake the cheese on top into a nice crust
Let cool to edible-temperature and enjoy!