Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Sick Sick

Yesterday when I went to the doctor's for a reason completely unrelated to what resulted, Madame doctor looked in my throat and told me she wanted to take a throat culture and test for strep because it looked like I might have the start of it. I had mentioned my left tonsil area was hurting but that wasnt why I went in or did I think it was bad enough to actually be a full-fledged illness. In my head, it was just some little bug I got that I was going to get rid of quickly on my own in just a bit of discomfort. Turns out, however,that when I woke up this morning I was exhausted and hurting and my whole body felt like dead weight. And we all know how much it sucks to lift dead weight. Well, at least for me, being the weakling that I am. I got a phone call from the doctor in the morning (after I called Cal and begged him to come take care of me) informing me that I did indeed test positive and they were calling in antibiotics. I'm just glad that I'm getting medicine before I was in miserable strep throat pain for very long.

So anyway, I spent most of today laying immobile on the couch watching shows with Cal and listening to him play guitar. Side note: anyone impressed with The Hunger Games trailer? I'm pretty disappointed with the way the acting looks so far but we'll see. If there's one thing I have learned in life it's to never hold a movie to any standard set by the book.

 

No comments: