Monday, February 13, 2012

Badminton

 Yesterday Cal and I went to the gym to play badminton as part of his birthday celebration (we were gonna go the actual day of his birthday but he forgot his gym clothes). Cal and I have a history of a badminton rivalry stemming from back in high school. We played at his cousins's last summer but neither of us were quite in form. We played for about an hour and a half and Cal showed off his mean "spike" (I don't know the equivalent badminton term) and resulted in a nice red welt on my leg. It was tons of fun and I definitely got him working when we were playing. The only downside is I woke up today and could barely move because I was so sore. But worth it. I mean, soreness is like physical proof that you're getting stronger, right? At least that's what I tell myself as I hobble to and from class and sit down like an old man. 

No comments: