Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snow snow snow falling

 The other day, I managed to convince Cal to take me to Wendy's to get lunch (it was like ripping out a tooth, somehow when I was gone he decided to become anti-anythingunhealthy.... Boring!). On our way back, we pulled over at a nice snowy field that was for sale and decided to frolic. That's right, frolic. I decided the food getting cold was an acceptable side effect of that, I mean, how many times do you have the opportunity to run across a flat plain of unbroken, untouched, pristine snow on a beautiful day? Not often. So we ran and sprinted and got tired and then ran some more. One of my favorite sounds in the world is the sound of snow crunching under boots, it's just so crisp!

Today during my last class it started snowing and I spent a good portion of it staring out the window at the sight. After class ended early (5 instead of 6:30!) and I was waiting for the bus, the snow was still falling. Snow crunching is one of my favorite sounds and watching snow fall is one of my favorite things to watch. Especially when I'm in my house, and I can watch it fall heavily in silence while still being warm. In case you haven't noticed, I love snow. Three winters in and it really just gets more magical. And I haven't even started doing any of the the typical winter things yet like making snowmen or skiing and SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE ME SLEDDING ALREADY. A few more winter goals of mine are to have a massive snowball fight and go ice skating on a frozen pond instead of an indoor rink. So people, make it happen. 

 

No comments: