Friday, December 23, 2011

Feeling This Friday

This is my first Friday post in a long time that isn't themed because I haven't decided if I want to go back to Flashback Friday or do something else. My computer only has recent photos on it and I won't have access to my hard drive until I go back to school, so what to do? Give you a detailed resumé of my day yesterday and today. On y va...

Yesterday I spent the whole day with my family. I went shopping with my sister in the morning, saw my cousins and Layla in the afternoon and my aunts and mom at various points in the day. It's good to see everyone but I really really really miss France. When we were shopping I was incredibly out of my element when the cashiers spoke to me in English or when someone bumped into me and said "Excuse me" instead of "Pardon." One of my cousins even commented that I sound different when I speak English which is good for the great idea my cousins had and that I am probably going to fulfill. What is it? Go around town and pretend I'm French. It'll be awesome. Good thing I practiced my French/English accent all the time while I was there.

As far as jet-lag goes, I napped from 5-6 at my cousin's house and then went to sleep at 6:30. Whoops! I did sleep until 4:30 AM though so that's better than yesterday and means I am well-rested right now with about 12 hours of sleep under my belt.

Plan for today? Going to help my mom pick out shoes, cleaning my room up a bit hopefully, COOKIE DAY (where my whole family gets together and bakes cookies for Christmas), followed by eating all the French cookies I brought back for everyone and making a potato pizza from a French cookbook my friend and I picked up from FNAC. I seriously cannot believe Christmas is in three days, it's mind-boggling. It feels like it should only be Thanksgiving! Life is passing by way too quickly now. I've been listening to a lot of Blink the past couple weeks so in honor of that, here's a throwback to 2003, when I was 13. :O!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! 

No comments: