Friday, December 30, 2011

The End of an Era

So, this is the last post of 2011 for this blog. What an amazing year it's been. It has turned out exactly as... I didn't plan it. Seriously. There were so many huge things that happened this year (good and bad) that I was not expecting, but I am grateful for everything I was able to achieve and accomplish and experience. Obviously the biggest unexpected thing was studying abroad that I wasn't planning on until March, about three weeks before the application deadline for my school. I am ending this year with new career plans, new living plans, fresh from a foreign country, single, and full of hope for the rest of my life.

Here's a list of smaller milestones from the year that are great nonetheless:

  1. Layla's first birthday and writing her book 
  2. HARRY POTTER WORLD (and dressing up for the midnight showing double feature)
  3. Having the same teacher for a year and FINALLY getting that A on the final paper. 
  4. Buying clothes for a real job 
  5. New music I would have never listened to before
  6. Going dancing with friends in Pau
  7. No coffee or black tea all year
  8. Going to Dallas with Cal after he won a paid trip to the X-Factor audition
  9. Seeing my first real-life, just-like-the-cartoons snowflake
  10. Making home-cooked meals consistently throughout the year, the most important of which being my first Thanksgiving turkey. :) 

For the end of this music week, we have two (yes, count them) two videos. 
The first is a John Mayer cover of a Jimi Hendrix song that I listened to the most this year, according to last.fm. The second is a cover Cal did of Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay." This video is fitting for the year because I honestly cannot count how many times we listened to that song driving around Amherst, Connecticut and Boston. It was everywhere! He was also in the midst of No Shave Novembeard when this was filmed, so that's always fun. In case you were wondering, I don't approve of that holiday anymore. 


Happy New Year and I'll see y'all in 2012!

No comments: