Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Travel Nightmares

Whenever I'm about to embark on something important in my life, I tend to start having nightmares about it. You know, the type where you're going to start your new job in the morning so you wake up three or four times in the middle of the night to check your alarm because you dreamt that you slept through it and was late.

Yesterday, I woke up from dreams about missing my flight and having to take four different small, shoddily put together mini-planes in order to get to France. Last night, I dreamt that I forgot an umbrella and it was pouring rain. I found myself abroad with my mom, Amber Frog and a few other friends in the middle of Venice, except we didn't have boats and just had to swim everywhere. What is good is that I will not forget my umbrella anymore (hopefully).

I am leaving in four days and I am definitely getting nervous! It's weird to think that this weekend I will be in Paris and I will have somehow gotten through the long flight. The next four months of my life are completely up in the air, essentially, and there is no way to predict what is going to happen.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has nightmares prior to something big happening!

No comments: