Monday, September 20, 2010

The Saga of The Smell

Ever since I've moved into my apartment, it has had this very distinct smell. The Smell. Now, it wasn't really a bad smell, it wasn't really a good smell. It was just one of those neutral smells that only matter when you first walk into the room but you get used to within one minute. The other day, I was lucky enough to get a vacuum (which, on a completely unrelated note, turned out to be hot pink) and I vacuumed and it was all sparkly and shiny clean. The next time I walked through the front door, there was something weird about The Smell. It was gone! Apparently, The Smell was connected to my carpet.

My theory is that it was a result of having the carpet shampooed before I moved in and having the freshly-shampooed and probably wet carpet sit in stagnant air for two weeks. All's well that end's well.

No comments: