Monday, August 23, 2010

Quilt-Making


The center has a baby blue design on it, it's not just white.

This past weekend, I finished the onesies project I was working on and rushed to JoAnn's pretty immediately to get something else for me to do. I was going to get a quilt-in-a-box kit but instead, I designed one in my head and picked out fabric for it in-store. Since this would be the first official quilt I ever made (finished), I was really excited to get working on it and finish it as soon as possible. About three bobbins and 16 hours later (including sleep-time), I officially sewed up the end of my first quilt. It was pretty simple and not being an absolute sewing perfectionist helped a lot. It's the size of a lap quilt so it was a good first project. If any of you are interested in making your own blanket just because, this is a good place to start. You don't really need a pattern because it's so simple, just pick out your fabric and mimic! You would need about 50" by 65" of batting, I believe, and I folded it in half to fit into mine. Let me know if you decide to try! It's very fun and very rewarding, just ask everyone in my family who I've been showing it off to. :D

No comments: