Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blogust


During the last few days of July, I heard some speak about Blogust, a blogging project where at least one blog must be posted each day during the month of August. Since I went camping during the first three days in August, that disqualified me from participating.

The idea of Blogust, however, reminds me of a popular photography project called 365 days, where a self-portrait is required for every day of a year. Unfortunately, what happened when I tried it was that I just took any old photo at the end of a long day and put it up, thereby voiding any artistic progress that I should have been making.

This got me thinking about commitment and my ability to stick with anything. I have a pretty low rate of keeping intrigued with anything beyond the initial stages of "this is new!" Now it's time to sort through all of the things I do to decide whether I'm bored with them after a few weeks because of lack of effort or because I'm really just not interested in it enough. Maybe "commitment issues" is just one of my personality traits. I have gone to three different colleges in three different years in three different cities and two different states, completely opposite each other. So onward to my exploration of the beef I have with commitment.

One thing I am honestly going to try to do is post more on here! Yay! I've already got like three days in a row which is an absolute record so raise your glasses to trying to keep it up.

Do you have issues sticking with long-term projects? Is this just a typical part of a 20-year-old's life?

No comments: