Thursday, August 26, 2010

Apron-Making and Vegas-Going



Yesterday I unexpectedly had to go with my cousin to take her new baby to get her jaundice checked out at the doctor's and then spent the night with her due to her husband having to attend a late-night event for work. Thus, no posting. And tomorrow there probably won't be a post either (I hope I eat my words!) because I'll be heading to Vegas for my eldest sister's bachelorette party. We'll be back on Sunday and i intend on spending most of my weekend at the pool.

Anyway, on Tuesday night, I made an apron! The fabric was a pre-printed pattern from the Domestic Diva Apron Kits where all of the pieces are labeled and ready to be cut out and sewn. It took about two hours from start to finish due to a lot of required seam-ironing. The finished product goes down almost to my knees, with a flounced bottom. I'll put up a picture of the apron when it is on when I come back from Vegas.

Next Monday also marks my last week in California before I go back to school in Massachusetts. It's definitely a bittersweet time, especially due to the gigantic task of packing everything into two suitcases. Wish me luck!

No comments: