Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Phonetalk

For those of you who don't know, I don't like talking on the phone. In English. I have trouble hearing, people have trouble hearing me, it's just not a good situation. But for the past eek, I've been covering customer service for my website... In French. I don't mind the emails so much. I can offer recommendations and make sure I get all of the information necessary to send a well-thought out email that's answers all questions and solves all problems.

The phone and I have a strained relationship. I get nervous and anxious and sometimes I stutter. I'm not saying that I'm BAD at answering the phone. I just would rather not. I don't feel like I can explain things thoroughly enough on the phone when I'm flustered and the customer needs to know certain information.

The good thing is that tomorrow my boss comes back from vacation and I become the back up once again. Thankfully!!

No comments: