Monday, January 21, 2013

Stutters

Today I took over customer service for our site because my boss used one of her holidays for MLK Jr. day. Essentially, I was all nerves and stutters answering the phone and panicked answering emails. Not that I didn't know the answers, but you want to look and represent your company with poise and correct grammar and heck, you want to pass for French!

It's amazing how quickly you can lose the ease of talking. When I was in France I had no problem talking in class or out in public. I could talk to someone behind the counter easily. But now I'm all analysis, checking myself for grammar and vocabulary, preparing statements ahead of time that I forget when they're appropriate.

I feel like I need to surround myself with more French constantly, through news, music, blogs, anything! Plus I feel like my accent (the thing I'm proudest of) has gone downhill. Time to start reading aloud again.

Have you read my posts from when I was in France? Start here!

 

No comments: