Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Hurricane Weather


Here in western Mass, we aren't really experiencing the flooding and power outages of Hurricane Sandy (yet). But it is wicked windy and rainy. I admit, I get a bit scared when I hear a particularly big gust outside. The power flickered twice but so far we're still in the 21st century.

That being said, I think it's pretty bad further south. I had to leave work early (at 10:30) because the governor of Connecticut was closing all of the highways at 1 PM. I definitely didn't want to get stuck in a hotel near work for an indefinite amount of days!

Cal had school canceled last night and we're both waiting to hear if we have school/work tomorrow. We've mostly been playing video games and eating the bag of chips we got in case the power went out.

It's actually pretty funny, after I got home today, we decided to go pick up a few things that don't need refrigerated to eat just in case. What did we leave the store with? A bag of chips, two boxes of cereal, three bananas and two packages of tuna and crackers. We're not the best at this.

Cal's album is now also available on Amazon here. So you can listen to it for free on Spotify, you can buy hardcopy or digital copies on his website, download from iTunes and now download from Amazon as well. Full. Market. Penetration.


Do you like my Halloween-ified photos of what the hurricane looked like from my apartment windows? Mmmm pumpkins. 

No comments: