Friday, March 23, 2012

Blackbird Cover

This is the one and only Calvin Betancourt playing a cover of "Blackbird" by the Beatles. Interesting story, see that plant back there on the desk? That's my peace lily plant I got when I moved to Amherst and when I go home to California or to France, I give it to Cal to take care of. After Cal picked me up from the airport in Boston, he brought the plant and all of his stuff with him because he was going straight to Amherst with me and not back to his house. We stayed the night in Boston at his sister's apartment and just brought the essentials inside with us, leaving everything else in his car. Including this plant. And when we got up the next morning to drive home, this beautiful specimen of a plan was frost-bitten and very bad smelling. RIP plant. You were amazing. 

No comments: