Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween everyone! Tonight my friends and I are hanging out and going to see a band play at a popular bar around here. This is the first day that mostly all of my friends are back from vacation and I can't wait to see them. I've seen them almost every day for two months so a week without them was much lonelier than I thought it would be. I'm participating in a group costume with my BFFF (Best Friend in France Forever, obvs) Forrest and it's pretty good. We just thought of it this morning but it's turning out pretty well. I'm not revealing what it is until tomorrow though when I have photos!!!

Today is another day in our vacation, but actually shouldn't be! Tuesday, November 1 is "Toussaint" or "All Saint's Day" in the US and here it is a jour férié (bank and public holiday). But since it lands on a Tuesday, the French decided it would be awkward to have the weekend and then go to work one day and then have a holiday so they "faire le pont" (make a bridge) and take Monday off too.

The French know how to live. 

No comments: