Monday, February 07, 2011

Little Wienies- Simple Simple

This Superbowl, I made Cal and I a personalized version of how my family cooks little wienies. Usually we make them in a slow cooker but because I'm in college, I just made them in a pot.

You need:
1 package cocktail franks
1 bottle of beer
Honey barbecue sauce



Add the wienies to a small pot, add three or four good squeezes of barbecue sauce (it probably ends up being around 1/4 cup, but just eyeball it), and 1/3 of the beer. I used Blue Moon because I had it in the fridge. Stir and bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes and then lower the heat as much as you can and cover. Let it sit and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally to keep the wienies coated and rotating, because the sauce won't cover all of them. Then, uncover and turn the heat up to a boil again for around 10 minutes to thicken the sauce. Put into a serving dish (we just used a bowl and ate them straight out of there), and enjoy!

Note: These are also delicious as leftovers, microwaved, as my stomach can currently attest to.
Enjoy!

No comments: