Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bacon Candle?

For those of you who haven't realized it yet, I love bacon. For me, it's up there with chocolate, tea, and a bowl of fresh snow. I recently (as in like less than five minutes ago) purchased some handmade journals online from etsy and then proceeded to do a search for "candles." When I typed that in though, one of the first queries to come up was "bacon candle." Clearly I had to investigate.

Oil that smells like bacon!
Turns out, there are a huge number of bacon-scented products on etsy! Even a full complement of breakfast smells. And apparently, you can buy bottles that contain essence of bacon, as in bacon-scented oil, which comes in many sizes when you buy from the seller "bumblebeesknee." The funniest part, for me, is that many of the pictures for these types of candles feature slices of bacons in the mise en scène, like this one.

But burning one of these bad boys or having a bacon-scented bath would probably depress me more than uplift me. Where's the point in the scent if it can't be followed by that satisfying crunch (and flavor)?

This candlemaker makes bacon-scented candles also, but, more importantly, they sell candles that smell like another of my favorite scents: dirt.

No comments: