Monday, December 06, 2010

Gingerbread Men

I love gingerbread stuff. I made some gingerbread cookies from the box, but I added some special things. I sprinkled each cookie with sugar before baking it and then made my own glaze to cover the tops with. Normally, you would use milk for the frosting but I decided that that would not be flavorful enough for me. I used 3 tablespoons of French Vanilla coffee creamer to 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar, depending on the consistency you want. Then, I put the mostly cooled cookies on some aluminum foil and drizzled the glaze over the top, three to four coats each. Then they dry and you eat and they're amazing.

I also made a giant, hand-crafted gingerbread man with the left-over dough. Calvin made him a wifebeater and two watches but alas, there is no picture of that. But enjoy me destroying him as I tried to lift him from the cookie sheet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm SO in love with Gingerbread. I had a gingerbread muffin today, and it was spectacular. I'm guessing they added either saffron or cardamon too because it's Sweden, but it was delicious and festive.