Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So Many Religions...

I've spent my life learning a fair amount about different religions, experiencing some and just reading about others. I find that different religions have more in common than they have in differences. Love for each other, peace, charity, meditation/prayer...

So I would love to hear about your religion! If you would like to share with me and other readers about your religion, please leave a comment with what religion you practice (if any) and why that particular religion appeals to you. Let's keep these comments (and any replies) positive, open-minded and extraordinarily civil. This can be a learning experience for everyone. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Well, as you know, I'm a member of the LDS church (otherwise known as "Mormon"). What I've always liked about the LDS church is how much it makes sense to me. For example, having modern prophets and revelation. It makes sense to me that God would want us to have guidance in these days. Some things were obviously not around, and thus not addressed when the Bible was written. I also like that all of our leaders in the church are not paid, that they are volunteering so much of their time because they have faith, not because it is their profession. Among many other things :)