- Wear shoes that are easy to take off like flip-flops or slip-ons because you have about three seconds to take them off and put them back on for the security check. On the same note, remember to put your jackets and hats in a bin so you don't hold up the line for other people.
- Keep your laptop easily accessible and your quart ziploc bag of 3 oz or less liquids in the front pocket of your carry-on bag so you don't have to dig for it.
- Pack your carry-on bag light enough to lift into the overhead bins easily.
- Make use of the carry-on bag policy (1 suitcase and 1 briefcase/purse/backpack per passenger). Since most airlines charge ever-increasing prices for checked baggage, a carry-on for a weeklong trip or less saves money and time.
- Bring snacks with you, but buy a water bottle once you're past security so stay hydrated on the plane. Drink service is nice but not enough on a long flight.
- Dress comfortably. If you get cold easily, dress warm. If you get warm easily, dress light.
- Bring music, a book or something to do if you have a long flight or you have trouble falling asleep on trips.
- Be mindful of the noise you make, especially on overnight flights.
- This may seem silly, but don't underestimate the power of deodorant and gum on a plane. When you're sardined between a plane full of people you don't know, a bad smell can seriously turn a good trip into a bad one. This is especially true on an overnight flight, when the entire plane wakes up with morning breath. ;)
I hope everyone had a good weekend! My sister got married yesterday so the weekend was all about the wedding (and packing). Classes start tomorrow so I'll update you on the new college, of course!