Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jill Reviews: Eat, Pray, Love (the movie)



This past Sunday, my mom took my sister and I along with her to watch Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts. My opinion of the movie is one of disappointment. While I am sure that this is a great read and very inspirational, it should have never been made into a movie. For one, it's almost 2.5 hours long. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, except the plot stays at relatively the same level the entire movie. There aren't really any rising actions and the climax is in the last two minutes of the movie. I was honestly bored and ready for it to be over after watching for twenty minutes. My suggestion? Read the book or wait until you can buy it on DVD, where you can cuddle up on the couch for the entire movie with food and the ability to pause it and come back to it later (or after a bathroom/snack break).

No comments: